Thursday, 18 May 2017

This fortnight's challenge at AYLI is Skin or Fur colour combo and why?


This fortnights challenge at As You Like It Challenge
is hosted by the lovely 
Lynne



The sponsor of this challenge is



This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
Skin/fur Colour combo (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Its become a regular thing to show you some photos from my garden so this week I have a few more...

This stunning moth was drying its wings on sunday morning


I even managed to pick up the bean cane and turn it gently so I could show the side view
I dont like moths at night when they flap in your face but I could not help to admire how beautiful this one was... 


My alliums that I bought and planted last year are so close to bursting open now a
little rain should do the trick 





So onto my card and the challenge at AYLI
Skin/fur Colour combo?

I don't tend to lean toward making a huge amount of cards with people stamped images but sometimes there is a need for them and on this occasion I needed an 18th Card for a good friends daughter

I always go for pale skin tones I find them the easiest to create so they are my favourites
I work with Spectrum Noir Pens for the skin so I have used:

TN1, FS2, FS4, FS8, CR4 and CR7.

I have also paper pieced this image as I really love the effect this brings and Yes I even Paper pieced the shoes! and I realllllly love sewing on cards so I whizzed it through the sewing machine too! and a tip I would suggest is that you keep a needle separate for your crafty sewing because as we all know but tend to forget is that Paper blunts!
rock paper scissors taught us that :)


Here are a few challenges I am playing

Cutie Pie Challenge - #111 Cute + Ribbon and Rubber.


Sweet Stampin - include stamping Shabby Chic

Ooh La La Creations - #228 Beginning with B - Brown

Allsorts - Ring around the roses - A creation with a rose
Now I love flowers as you know and I love the open type of roses like this
so that is the type I have used on my card :)
Its also their Birthday Next week the challenge blog will be 8! WOW!!!!


Happy Crafting hugs me xx


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and I love the pics of your garden. Those flowers are beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card. Love your photos too. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos of your garden blooms Samantha, like you we needed rain to get everything moving and eventually had it the last two days, 2.5 inche and it's not stopped yet, but as hubby kept reminding me we needed it.

    Such a very pretty card and lovely strong colours, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts Roses challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic paper piecing, beautiful card, thank you for joining in at the OLLCB,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is gorgeous Samantha, love her dress, I rather fancy one like that myself!! Lovely photographs too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card love the design.
    Thank you for joining us at OLLCB.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really pretty card! Love the sketch! The moth looks amazing and your flowers are blooming so nicely too!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this